Thursday, April 30, 2009

Who is Your Mommy? Literally

They say everyone has a purpose in life, thus far my has been birthin' babies. I am sure that most mothers feel like a part of them gets lost in the poop and Dora the Explorer ( dont tell my kids but I hate that skank). So where do we go from here. Lately, I've had to stop and really think... where did my dreams go??? I had my first child after my first semester of college;"finding myself" was completely out of the question. There I was, an idiot having a baby with a dumbass. It was exactly the way I pictured it... Him and my mother arguing over my crotch while I prayed silently that God would kill me (insert pity here, please). I was a mom. And after having two more children, with the same dumbass ( rethink pity here), I finally said out loud " I used to want to sing ya know". Bam! Im back to wanting more out life than getting to pee by myself. So what now? Do I search for self fulfillment or do I give up my dreams and try to find common ground with Dora the Explorer? Hell no I say. I remember when I was in high school I told a teacher that Id sooner grow a custom pair of nads between my legs before I let myself be mediocre. So today when I wasnt checking for my "broken promise ball sac" I wrote. I wrote a lot, and I found out Im not as deep as I thought. Im a tough broad with a lot of wit and dark humor;Im also a little girl who dreams of broadway and prince charming , and Im also a mommy who aint afraid of a little poop or a stray booger. You see, thats the thing about becoming a mother. Your are now a complete woman. You juggle and multi-task everyday to be the best mom you can be.... why can you add YOURSELF to the heap. Oh, shut up you can do that

No comments:

Post a Comment